At Hesse Rural Health we welcome and encourage residents, families, patients and consumers to give us feedback about their experiences. There are a number of ways you share your compliment, complaint or general feedback either via our Hesse staff or Health Complaints Commissioner (HCC).

Please contact our Safety and Quality Coordinator via phone 5267 1200 or email

We take complaints seriously and aim to resolve them quickly and fairly. However, if you remain dissatisfied with our response, you may contact the Health Complaints Commissioner (HCC). The HCC responds to complaints about health services and the handling of health information in Victoria. Their service is free, confidential and impartial. To lodge a complaint with the HCC:

  • Fill out a complaint form online at or
  • Phone 1300 582 113 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday to discuss your complaint.

Other options include.

Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
GPO Box 9819, Melbourne VIC 3000
Tel: 1800 951 822     Online complaints form at:

Victorian Ombudsman
Level 2, 570 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
Tel:1800 806 314     Website:

Complaints about certain serious misconduct or corruption involving public health services in Victoria can be made directly to the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC). Hesse Rural Health encourages individuals to raise their concerns with IBAC if they are uncomfortable raising their concerns directly with Great Ocean Road Health or if they feel some detrimental action has been or may be taken against them if they make a complaint.

Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC) website:

Aged Care Quality & Safety Commission, ‘Lodge a Complaint’. Retrieved Nov 2021 from