5 Portfolios Available – 1 day per fortnight each – INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Expressions of interest are invited from registered nurses (Internal applicants) for the following 5 portfolios for a 6 month trial period until 30th October 2022.
Please note: Enrolled Nurses are welcome to apply for the smartlift portfolio.
- EDUCATION PORTFOLIO (1 day per fortnight)
To directly facilitate training events and provide support and encouragement to colleagues to participate in and complete required education. The role requires an ability to engage with colleagues, peers and members of the workforce to positively influence their training outcomes.
- Facilitate the delivery of relevant training workshops and programs
- Participate in the review of learning content tailored for workforce needs such as competency tools or online learning.
- Produce the organisational educational monthly training calendar.
- Advise on changes to the compulsory training calendar by assessing educational resources and their suitability for different workgroups.
- Evaluate training programs delivered to achieve process improvements.
- Liaise with other health services and training providers to source suitable training programs.
- Prompt and encourage staff to undertake and complete their annual compulsory training requirements
- Support and encourage staff (including other portfolio holders) to share expertise through conducting workshops at double-time and including information in weekly newsletters.
- To develop and review any policies on the PROMPT data base related to education and as identified by the Director of Clinical Services.
- BEHAVIOURAL SUPPORT PLANS AND RESTRICTIVE PRACTICE (1 DAY PER FORTNIGHT)
To work with staff to develop, review and update behavioural support plans that are individualised and person-centred, reflect unsuccessful and successful strategies trialled, and include advice from specialist assessments. To ensure all HRH practices and policies related to restrictive practices reflect current legislative requirements and are focussed on reducing the incidence of restrictive practices.
- Maintain psychotropic monitoring chart.
- Ensure authorisations and psychotropic medication reviews are completed as per policy for all types of restrictive practice.
- Develop and review any policies on the PROMPT data base related to minimising restrictive practices, behaviour management and other relevant policies as identified by the Director of Clinical Services.
- Work with direct care staff to ensure behaviour support plans are person-centred and comprehensive and reviewed on a regular basis
- Conduct education sessions with staff so they are familiar with behaviour support plan strategies and documentation requirements regarding behaviour charting and restrictive practice monitoring.
- SMARTLIFT PORTFOLIO (1 DAY PER FORTNIGHT)
To ensure Hesse’s no lift policy is embedded across the organisation through education, audit checks and completion of mandatory competencies.
- Complete a No-Lift co-ordinator course in order to conduct competency assessments.
- Implement and maintain manual handling policy and procedures on PROMPT database based on “No Lift” principles in all service areas at Hesse.
- Coordination of staff training and competency assessment programs
- Monitoring and reporting on specific KPIs
- Co-ordinating trials of equipment, purchase of equipment and maintenance of existing equipment.
- Contributing to the investigation of incidents that arise from manual handling in consultation with managers.
- ACUTE/URGENT CARE PORTFOLIO (1 DAY PER FORTNIGHT)
To support the delivery of acute and urgent care services by acting as the lead registered nurse in these clinical areas. Ensure that care delivery reflects best practice and meets National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards.
- Revise stock checklists performed by ND nurses to ensure all equipment and stock is readily available and functioning safely.
- Conduct orientation and education sessions for registered nurses on care processes within urgent care and acute care.
- Support registered nurses in the completion of acute care documentation including the requirements for the comprehensive care standard.
- To develop and review any policies on the PROMPT data base related to acute and urgent care delivery in partnership with other stakeholders and as identified by the Director of Clinical Services.
- Ensure acute medication stock is checked monthly for expiry dates and restocked accordingly. Ensure storage and administration process reflect current standards.
- WOUNDS PORTFOLIO (1 DAY PER FORTNIGHT)
To act as the lead registered nurse for wound management across acute and residential aged care services, ensuring that wound care reflects best practice.
- Facilitate the 6 weekly wound consultant clinics by completing referrals prior to the clinic and working with the wound consultant to assess residents and update documentation on Platinum 5 accordingly.
- To provide wound care/wound management information, support and recommendations to clinical staff and all health care consumers.
- To review and evaluate existing wound care policies and procedures in accordance with Best Practice Guidelines
- To ensure effective selection of wound care items/products taking into account suitability, effectiveness and budget implications.
- To arrange and conduct education sessions for direct care staff regarding wound management.
- To develop, monitor and evaluate wound quality indicators e.g. chronic wounds, skin tears.
- Ensure registered nurses perform weekly reviews of wounds – including photo and measurements and wound management is completed as per wound plan at the designated frequency.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA for all PORTFOLIOS
- Registered Nurse (all portfolios) or Enrolled Nurse (smartlift)
- AHPRA registration
- Commitment to professional learning and development
- Advanced interpersonal skills and communication skills and a high level of self-motivation.
- Planning, organisational and evaluation skills
To Apply, Please forward an email outlining your suitability and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any enquiries see Michelle McBain, Acting Director of Clinical Services.
Applications close 9am on Monday 25th April 2022.
Each portfolio has one day per fortnight rostered as a non-clinical day and any education requirements to fulfil the role will be supported by Hesse Rural Health.