Home Care Packages
By choosing Hesse as your provider you are choosing someone who understands Rural and Regional communities and the specific needs of consumers living in these environments. We can support your choices on how you wish to use your Home Care Package and will work with you to tailor your Home Care Package to suit your individual needs.
Services which we can assist with include:
• Personal Care – assistance with showering/dressing/grooming
• Domestic assistance – housework, laundry
• Assistance with meals – meal preparation/delivered meals
• Social support – attending outings
• Transport for shopping and appointments
• Home maintenance/gardening
• Continence management
• Support with mobility and dexterity –walking aids, bed aids
• Nursing and allied health therapy services such as podiatry, occupational therapy (assessment and assistance with home modifications), physiotherapy, dietetics, wound care (assistance with bandages, dressings and skin emollients)
• Medication support
Fees & Charges
Home Care Packages are subsidised by the Australian Government. The amount subsidised depends on the package level, with Level 4 packages receiving the highest subsidy.
There are two types of fees you can be asked to pay:
• A basic daily fee
• An income tested fee.
The basic daily fee can be no more than 17.5% of the single pension rate of the aged pension, and is determined by your provider.
The income tested fee can be applied, depending on your income, and is determined by the Department of Human Services. They advise yourself and your chosen provider if there is to be an income tested fee applied.
Services provided as part of your Home Care Package are charged by the length of time the service was required.
For more information on fees and charges or any other enquiry about the Hesse Rural Health Home Care Package program please phone (03) 5267 1200 and ask to speak with our Home Care Package Coordinator.
The home care package program is supported by funding from the Commonwealth Government.
For more information visit www.myagedcare.gov.au or phone 1800 200 422.