In Home Support

Our Hesse Rural Health Home Support Team, work with consumers to understand their needs and identify goals to support them to live a more independent li and active life.

Hesse proudly deliver safe, sensitive, and reliable care. Hesse provide trusted in-home support across the following areas, Winchelsea, Inverleigh, Teesdale, Bannockburn and surrounding areas.

By choosing Hesse as your provider, you are choosing an organisation that understands the needs of rural and regional communities.

The Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
The Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) is an entry-level home support program that helps older people to live independently in their homes and communities. It also provides respite services to give carers a break.

The program aims to:

  • help people live as independently as possible.
  • focus on working with them, rather than doing things for them.
  • give a small amount of help to a large number of people.

Most people in the CHSP only need 1 or 2 services to help them stay independent.

Hesse provides home support services across the following areas:

  • Gardening and home maintenance (to ensure the home is safe/not routine gardening)
  • Domestic assistance
  • Unaccompanied shopping
  • Meal on Wheels
  • Respite
  • Assist with personal care, showering, dressing, grooming.
  • Support with the purchase of goods, necessary to help stay living in home.

Meals on Wheels

Meals for Hesse Home Care consumers are provided by Fed by Jed, a family owned and operated catering company. Chef Jordi and partner Ella cook homely comforting meals for delivery. Jordi cooks family recipes and meals learnt over his 10 years’ experience in the hospitality industry. All Fed by Jed meals are homemade in their commercial kitchen and then distributed by Jordi and Ella to Hesse consumers weekly (freshly frozen).  Meals include a main, a soup or dessert and a fruit or milk drink.  Fed by Jed’s meals are subsidised by the Commonwealth Home Support Program, consumers contribute $10 for each meal.

Personal Care

Our trained and experienced staff can provide assistance with personal hygiene including showering, dressing, toileting, shaving and grooming. Personal Care services recognise your need to remain as active as possible while living independently in your own home.

Home Care (Domestic Assistance)

Practical assistance and support to manage housework and everyday tasks within the home. Services are designed to promote wellbeing, safety and the capacity to live independently in your own home.

Carer Respite

Services help to provide respite to people in an unpaid caring role so that they can take a break from their caring role to enjoy social activities, attend appointments, go shopping or participate in leisurely activities. Carer Respite may be for a few hours or days or longer periods, depending on your needs and the needs of the person who cares for you. Services can take place in your home or at Council’s own day centre facilities that have great indoor and outdoor activities and also include residential respite.

Gardening and Home Maintenance

Services to support people with gardening and home maintenance to allow older people to remain living at home safely.  Routine gardening is not included in this level of support.


Commonwealth Home Support Program – Home Support is the subsidised service for clients over the age of 65, or over 50 for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander clients.

Application for service:

The first step to access government-funded aged care services is to get assessed. You can apply for an assessment online or you can call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 and speak with MAC contact centre staff about your needs and circumstances, allowing them to make the application for you.

A family member, friend, or carer can support you to apply online or over the phone. With your permission, they can also complete the application or talk on your behalf.

If you want someone to speak and act on your behalf on an ongoing basis, you can appoint them as your representative with My Aged Care. This will allow My Aged Care to talk to them about your aged care needs and application.  If you want, this can be set up at the same time as you apply for an assessment.

You can also get help from an advocate through the Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN). With your consent, an advocate can also speak to My Aged Care on your behalf.